Mac Sound Effect Maestro
Posted by James Thor
This freelance job is for Mac users experienced in working independently with library sound effects as well as creating their own recordings. We’re primarily looking for a true craftsman and sound effect “integrator” to help us ensure the audio experience and UX of all Legendo Games is truly special.
- Testing sound effects in-game through repeat gameplay on your Mac or Apple TV to ensure functional and aesthetic quality of all audio. This means you need to play, quit, relaunch and replay the same portions of our games (on Mac) to ensure sound effects not only sound great but also “feel” right.
- Working with engineers and producers to understand and help get the most out of the FMOD audio system (which we use for all our games.)
- Remote/Offsite (communication via Discord chat, voice, and/or video).
- You understand that making games is not only very hard, but also a clash of artistry and technology and marketing and iteration and timing and luck — and that it’s all about as predictable as an episode of the Breaking Bad series.
- You’ve been using macOS for many years. You own a MacBook Pro or an iMac. We wouldn’t mind if you also own an Apple TV 4K (or a Nintendo Switch or an Xbox One.)
- Strong technical background since you will be implementing and testing sound effects independently using macOS beta-versions of our games that may not be entirely stable nor feature-complete.
- Avid gamer. You love platform games and turn-based strategy games. You may also have a soft spot in your heart for air-combat action games and action RPGs.
Include a sound-reel (show-reel) with your application that has multiple in-game examples of your audio design and implementation. Make sure to indicate your exact contributions.
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.
Unfortunately, due to the high quantity of resumes that we receive every week; we will be unable to get back to you if we have passed on your application.