Digital 2D Animator With Traditional Skills
Posted by James Thor
Are you a wizard animator and expert user of Adobe Animate and Toon Boom Harmony? We’re looking for traditional animation talent that has migrated to the digital era to work on our games and animation projects.
- Applicants must have strong drawing skills and a great sense of timing and acting to help bring our characters to life.
- The 2D Animator is responsible for creating sprite strips of approved characters/props for designated game levels and exploring various key poses.
- Animation polish. At Legendo, all assets are polished and iterated many times over. Once a set of 2D animations have been implemented and tested, the next step is to review and polish animations to ensure art and animation look the best possible. Rinse and repeat!
- Remote/Offsite (communication via Discord chat, voice, and/or video).
- Substantial experience in Adobe Animate is a must. If you are also proficient in Toon Boom (Harmony, Storyboard Pro) that’s a huge bonus.
- Experience in 2D Character Animation for games or animation, and you’re also good at creating striking poses.
- Complete understanding of animation principles. It’s a bonus if you’re familiar with the book “The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation” by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (two of the key animators at Disney during the Golden Age of animation).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Send your resume or CV to email@example.com if you think you’re a good fit for this position.
Please note that Legendo receives an overwhelming number of applications. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to each and every request individually, and at this point in time, we are unable to accept internships. However, we do appreciate every e-mail sent, and we encourage aspiring game developers to keep trying (rest assured we’ve seen your e-mail and that sending it was not in vain, even if we aren’t able to respond.)
Also be aware that Legendo takes a detailed look at each and every application submitted. As such, we’ll be sure to contact you, personally, if we wish to continue the application process. We encourage applicants to check back often for future openings. People and projects move fast in the games industry, so keep in mind that to get a job, whether freelance/remote or onsite, timing and luck can be nearly as important as skill.