February 12, 2021 — Legendo Games is looking for a remote C++ Network Engineer to work with our turn-based digital board game Serpents in the Mist and the proprietary technology that powers it.
Experience in multi-platform game development and knowledge of Epic Online Services and Steamworks SDKs, DirectX12, and Metal 2 is a big plus. If you are familiar with low-level network protocols and know-how to tame any router (no matter how exotic) for NAT punch-through, we’d most likely hire you on the spot!
- Exceptional C++ skills coupled with strong math abilities and strong knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- You have no problem finding your way around custom technology, every issue is an opportunity to improve existing code.
- You have fond memories of Advance Wars, Metal Marines, and Final Fantasy Tactics. You saw the potential in Banner Saga Factions long before anyone else. You are also familiar with Sid Meier’s Pirates! and Carcassone.
- You understand it is nearly impossible to design a gameplay-intended AI that can beat an experienced player. You also understand that is not really the point.
- You agree that intuitive UI is an integral part of any game and that developing menus and user-interface is part of the job and in no way a trivial task.
- In some cases, the user-interface IS the game, and if a multiplayer lobby does not feel natural and accessible, that is a serious issue.
- Good understanding of gameplay systems: AI, camera, player control, game objects.
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Implement multi-platform network play and voice/text communication across multiple platforms.
- Improve, refactor and optimize existing code using Visual Studio and Xcode.
- Analyze, debug and fix errors on an ongoing basis resulting in clean builds with a minimum of errors and warnings.
- Adjust AI and player flow, retrofitting multi-platform asynchronous network code and error handling from scratch, upgrading core mechanics, and reimplementing UI/UX using our proprietary game engine.
- Experience using Visual Studio, Xcode, Sub-Version/Git to manage code, describe tasks, follow-up on issues, and maintain content and artwork assets.
- You have shipped at least one commercial strategy game on PC or on Mac or on both. Experience working on PlayStation, Nintendo, and Xbox console platforms would be advantageous.
- Using tabs you write simple, data-oriented code that is easy to read, easy to debug, easy to maintain, and easy to optimize.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 would not hurt for ancillary Legendo projects that may be in development (not a requirement).
Send your resume/experience overview to [email protected] if you are skilled and interested in this position.
This role is expected to begin as a remote position. Legendo Games has used the work-from-home model for many years; hence we are highly experienced in remote work. We will contact you, personally, if we wish to continue the application process.
Legendo Games cares about its contractors and employees. We will work with you to make the onboarding process smooth and the work enjoyable. Regrettably, we are unable to respond to each and every request individually, and at this point in time, we do not accept internships.