March 1, 2021 — Legendo Games is on the lookout for remote, passionate, and independent C++ Software Engineers with an interest in side-scrolling action RPGs with experience in developing games using custom engines and proprietary technology.
Tasks include but are not limited to co-designing, implementing, and adjusting new game logic and gameplay mechanics, and also to further develop Legendo Games’ in-house engine THORODIN™.
We hope to find a highly motivated, independent, focused, and organized person capable of working on multiple tasks at the same time. We use Discord to communicate and Visual Studio, Xcode, and Git/Sub-Version to manage code, describe tasks, follow-up on issues, report bugs, and to maintain content.
- You have no problem finding your way around new code-bases, every issue you encounter is just another opportunity to improve existing code.
- Your passion for action RPGs and side-scrollers is genuine. You have lost count of all the hours you’ve sunk into Suikoden, Streets of Rage, ActRaiser, and The Witcher.
- You understand that making games is not only difficult but also a clash of artistry, technology, marketing, timing, and luck — and that oftentimes, game development is about as predictable as the deaths of the starring cast in an early episode of Game of Thrones.
- Exceptional C++ skills coupled with strong math abilities and object-oriented programming.
- Solid understanding of gameplay systems: camera, physics, player control, game objects, and related logic and AI.
- Improve, refactor, and optimize existing code using Visual Studio and/or Xcode.
- Analyze, debug, and fix errors recurringly for clean, working builds with a minimum of compiler errors and warnings.
- Learning our proprietary THORODIN™ engine architecture, from game interface to graphics API interface.
- Maintain THORODIN™ across multiple platforms.
- Ongoing development of clean, well-structured, and portable C++ code.
- Prior experience with GPU APIs and proprietary engines on consoles, Windows, and/or macOS.
- Experience working on PlayStation, Nintendo, and/or Xbox console platforms would be advantageous.
- Using tabs and fighting spaces, you write simple, data-oriented code that is easy to read, possible to debug, somewhat easy to maintain, and difficult to optimize (since you’ve already optimized it in a way that would not only challenge John Carmack but as as a side-effect fully explains quantum theory).
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- The scheduled development cycle is 2.5 years, including post-launch maintenance.
Send your resume/experience overview to [email protected] if you are skilled and interested in this position.
This role is expected to begin as a remote position. Legendo Games has used the work-from-home model for many years; hence we are highly experienced in remote work. We will contact you, personally, if we wish to continue the application process.
Legendo Games cares about its contractors and employees. We will work with you to make the onboarding process smooth and the work enjoyable. Regrettably, we are unable to respond to each and every request individually, and at this point in time, we do not accept internships.