February 1, 2022 — Legendo Games is on the lookout for remote, passionate, and independent C++ Software Engineers with an interest in side-scrolling action RPGs with experience in developing games using custom engines and proprietary technology.
Tasks include but are not limited to co-designing, implementing, and adjusting new game logic and gameplay mechanics, and also to further develop Legendo Games’ in-house engine THORODIN™.
We hope to find a highly motivated, independent, focused, and organized person capable of working on multiple tasks at the same time. We use Discord to communicate and Visual Studio, Xcode, and Git/Sub-Version to manage code, describe tasks, follow-up on issues, report bugs, and to maintain content.
- You have no problem finding your way around new code-bases, every issue you encounter is just another opportunity to improve existing code.
- Your passion for action RPGs and side-scrollers is genuine. You have lost count of all the hours you’ve sunk into Suikoden, Streets of Rage, ActRaiser, and The Witcher.
- You understand that making games is not only difficult but also a clash of artistry, technology, marketing, timing, and luck — and that oftentimes, game development is about as predictable as the deaths of the starring cast in an early episode of Game of Thrones.
- Exceptional C++ skills coupled with strong math abilities and object-oriented programming.
- Solid understanding of gameplay systems: camera, physics, player control, game objects, and related logic and AI.
- Improve, refactor, and optimize existing code using Visual Studio and/or Xcode.
- Analyze, debug, and fix errors recurringly for clean, working builds with a minimum of compiler errors and warnings.
- Learning our proprietary THORODIN™ engine architecture, from game interface to graphics API interface.
- Maintain THORODIN™ across multiple platforms.
- Ongoing development of clean, well-structured, and portable C++ code.
- Prior experience with GPU APIs and proprietary engines on consoles, Windows, and/or macOS.
- Experience working on PlayStation, Nintendo, and/or Xbox console platforms would be advantageous.
- Using tabs and fighting spaces, you write simple, data-oriented code that is easy to read, possible to debug, somewhat easy to maintain, and difficult to optimize (since you’ve already optimized it in a way that would not only challenge John Carmack but as as a side-effect fully explains quantum theory).
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- The scheduled development cycle is 2.5 years, including post-launch maintenance.
This role is a remote position. Send your resume/experience overview to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are skilled and interested in this position. We will contact you, personally, if we wish to continue the application process.